Grass is sold by the square yard. In order to determine the amount of turfgrass needed for your site. Simply multiply length x width.
Example: If your site is 100 yards – you need to order approximately 10,000 square yards of turfgrass.
Example: if your site is measured in feet, divide by 9. If your site is 20 feet x 200 feet mulitply 200 x 200 = 40,000 square feet/9 = approximately 4,444 square yards.
PALLETS (Small Rolls)
- A full pallet covers 50 square yards = to 450 square feet
- A full pallet of turfgrass weighs from 1,500 to 2,000 lbs.
- One small roll = One square yard = 9 square feet = (24′ x 54′)
- Small Rolls are stacked on pallets in 50 square yard increments
- A Standard Big Roll is 42 inches wide x 75 feet long
- One Big Roll is 30 Square Yards = 270 square feet